Saturday, October 6, 2007

Weekly Ramble

I haven't posted in a few days. Did you miss me? LOL! Seems like it's been busy here this week. The hubby has severe infection in both eyes so we have been dealing with that. Plus he has still been working long hours. Yuck. The kids and I miss him and it kind of makes for a long week and bums us all out when we don't see him much. But we survived.

I worked half a day one day this week. It was nice to have that break from the house. But I can't handle it when I leave and Bro-Bro has a big melt down. It just breaks my heart.

I also balanced my checkbook to the statement for the first time in 3 months! Woo Hoo! I hate doing that. I tried to use Quicken for a while but I guess I am too "old school" when it comes to my check register. :)

My mom and I went to lunch one day this week. When we left one of the cooks passed us and he had a massive cold sore on his mouth. Gag...puke...I mean really. I know he couldn't help it but I just kept thinking about the fact that he might have prepared the food I ate. On a much lighter note, all the restaurants here are smoke free now. That is such a blessing! We also went shopping after we had lunch. My mom bought Bi-Bi new bedding. It is so cute. I will have to take a picture of it and post it once I get it on the bed. I have just refinished a desk and put in her room too. It is really cute in there. Now she has a place to do homework.

I have been cleaning today. We may head to NC this afternoon.

That's about it from here. I hope you haven't fallen asleep reading this boring recount of my week since my last post!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the restaurants are smoke free. I hate going to supper with my in-laws (who both smoke) and having to deal with that. They try to keep it out of my face but it makes me wanna scream....can't they just wait until they get home to have a cig????? ACK!

Anonymous said...

Nope, not bored here! Glad to hear your week was nice. Hope your weekend will be too.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are missed!! Sounds like you've been very very busy. I hope we both slow down a little soon.

Anonymous said...

We definitely didn't fall asleep- actually, we had to go have a diet coke seeing how hard you worked!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

I hope your hubby feels better! Ick! I've had infections like that before, and it's not fun.

And how fun with Bi-Bi getting new stuff for her room.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Can't wait to see the new bedding. I love new sheets and comforters!

Have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

Hope your trip to NC went well. It's been hot here - but looking forward to a cool down tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'm late stopping by, but glad to see an update :) Sorry about your hubby's infection, that sounds awful.

All of our restaurants are smoke-free also and we just love it. Hate going into a restaurant anywhere else now and smelling smoke in the bar or restaurant.

Hope you got to go to NC and had a great time :)

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
I'm up to my eyeballs in suitcases and haven't had a chance to do a post. Maybe today.
The room sounds like it's going to be so cute!