Friday, October 12, 2007

A Book, A Boob, Bedding, and Other Things

Great title, huh? It's been a few days since I posted. I seem so busy lately for some reason. I tried to post Wednesday but Blogger had other ideas for me apparently. It would not let me upload my picture. At any rate....

I am so excited because yesterday I bought the new Nicholas Sparks book, The Choice. Anyone who knows me knows that he is my very FAVORITE author. I have read every one of his books. In fact, I wait not so patiently for his new releases. :) I am on chapter three and so far I am hooked! I will let you know how it turns out but I am sure I will love it!

The kids have been a hoot this week. Bi-bi was running into her room after her shower the other night laughing her head off. I looked and saw her in front of her closet with a towel wrapped around her just dying laughing. I said "what on earth are you laughing at?" she replied "my boob just fell out!". Hmm....don't you actually have to have boobs for one of them to fall out? So I said, "Bi-bi, you don't even have boobs yet." she replied "yes I do, and I am serious one just fell out of my towel!". I hope you can find the humor there. I was rolling laughing as I got into the other room. Today I went into Bro-bro's room to pick out his clothes and ACDC was playing on the radio. Should I worry? LOL! He had been messing with the tuner and that is what he turned it to, the hard rock station. Keep in mind NO ONE in the house listens to that kind of music! He was playing air guitar and dancing around. LOL! Gotta love that age.

An update on the post where I asked for help with getting Bi-bi to keep her stuff picked up and her room clean. I took JennaG's advice and it has worked wonderfully. I mean it has really been amazing. Thanks Jenna!

I mentioned last week that Bi-bi got new bedding so I am posting a picture of it. I am also posting a picture of the desk I re-did for her.




I have become painfully aware this week that I spend a lot of time cleaning up poop. I mean Bro-Bro is still in diapers so there is that. Then we have our new adopted babies (cats Mimi and Max) who go A LOT. It seems like a very large portion of my day is spent cleaning up one or the other's poo! Not a pleasant job might I add.

I worked on Tuesday. It was nice to have that break. I know most people wouldn't call work a break. But it is amazing how much you can enjoy a break from wiping someone's face, nose, and butt all day! Not that I don't love my baby more than life but a person occasionally needs some time with other adults. It's also amazing how good your attitude can be about work when you know you aren't required to work, you are just doing it because you want to. I never knew what that was like before.

Depressingly enough, hubby is still working long hours. It is really getting old. But what can you do?

Also, a prayer request.....his brother-in-law has been admitted to the hospital today. He has diverticulitis and it caused a leak in his colon which caused and ulcer between his colon and bladder. So the doctors are hoping they can insert a needle and drain it. If not he will have to have surgery to remove it and part of his colon. I will keep you updated.


Oh, and I was looking at fonts on the net this week. I can't believe some of the names of the fonts out there. I would really have a hard time downloading on called "bitch cakes" or "spit curl". Where do they come up with these?

Anywho....that's about enough chatter for today. Hopefully you weren't bored to tears. Go enjoy other posts that are actually meaningful!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now that's an all-encompassing kind of post! With lots of poop added for good measure :)

I made a trip to Sam's last week, just to get The Choice by Sparks and also Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. They have great prices on new books, plus I had to pick up some Halloween candy and a "couple of other things". I left minus about 150 bucks, LOL!

Love her new bedding, it's very cute :)

One of my husband's best friends went in the hospital a few years back, with stomach and colon problems and he has diverticulitis, they told him. He had surgery, and just watches his diet really well now. He's fine, and I hope and pray your BIL will be also. Be sure to keep us updated.

Have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry your hubby is still working such long hours--it's the pits, I know. I'm so glad things are going well with your daughter--I am happy to have been of some help to you. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Emelia says the same thing! Cracks me up too!
Those girls.
Cute room & bedding.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. Can't wait to pick this one up.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

The names of those fonts are hilarious! I can't imagine naming them these odd names. Go figure.

You need to take a weekend vacation and come up and visit with me and Jenny!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Nicholas Sparks in an awful long time. Maybe I should pick him back up.....
Love that bedding and desk! Good job!

Anonymous said...

What a post! So funny about your daughter. They think they are so grown up. Unfortunately, they will be before we know it!

I am sorry about your brother-in-law. I hope the doctors will be able to treat him easily.

Love the bedding, and I loved The Choice!

Anonymous said...

Hope the long hours for hubby will end soon.
Love that bedding and you did good with the desk! I've got a Sparks book on my reading list, Dear John I think but will borrow this one from Stacy!

Anonymous said...

YOU DID SUCH A GOOD JOB ON SHAUNA'S BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

I just bought that book today...along with many others. I just can't help myself when I get in the book store. The boob thing cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

I love the new bedding. And I know what you mean about poop! Our cat is mostly an outdoor cat now because he kept pooping and peeing on the same carpet every night. Ick!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read The Choice! He is my favorite author too. My favorite all time book is The Notebok.