Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall ~ Finally!

Thank the good Lord it is finally Fall weather here! We have literally been having 80 and 90 degree weather until this week. Now it is in the 60's. WOO HOO! I love it. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. My two kids have been jumping in a massive pile of leaves at my mom and dad's house for the last three days. They have really enjoyed themselves. I have been enjoying watching them. Or should I say watching them without sweating like a pig? Do pigs really sweat? Anyway....

In other news....my sister's birthday was yesterday. So this past Saturday my niece had a surprise party for her. It was her 50th so she went all out. There were black balloons, lots of gag gifts, the works. It was too funny, one of the gag gifts was a walker that had a sign on it that said "Carol's new ride!". She also got a "power lift bra", a hot flash fan, a tray of replacement body parts (nose,brain,ear,heart,etc), a huge set of glasses, and some other things. It was a hoot. She took it really well too. She got a big kick out of it.

Today is my wonderful hubby's birthday. He is 48 today. We gave him gifts and cards last night because I think he is working late today. It stinks to have to work crappy hours on your birthday!

That's all from here for right now~!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I don't get a walker for my fiftieth birthday, although it does sound like a fun party to attend :o)!

Happy birthday to your hub!

Anonymous said...

Isn't the weather awesome?! We had a really cool patch last week and although it's warmed up some this week (70's), it's chilly at night which is wonderful. I love this time of year :)

Happy Birthday to your hubby! It does stink that he has to work at all on his birthday, much less long hours. Hope you get to celebrate with him more later :)

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're getting some fall weather! We had some almost cold temps & too much rain last week but this week has been almost perfect in my opinion....70 during the day, 40 at night. I would prefer just a smidge cooler during the day but my hubby likes it warmer, silly boy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your Hubby. Your sister's party sounds like it was alot of fun.

It's starting to feel like Fall here...finally, but we don't have the pretty fall leaves :-(

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I love fall weather too! Happy birthday to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it has cooled off, too! And your sister's birthday sounds like soooo much fun! Those gifts are a riot! Happy belated birthdays to your sis and hubby!

Anonymous said...

The 50th party sounds like such fun! Happy B-Day to your hubby too! I know it's tough when he has to work long hours. Sometimes I wonder if my hubby will ever be unattached to his computer chair! LOL! Come up this way so Jenny and I can take you to Olive Garden for lunch!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was just stopping by to say hello. It seems like it has been awhile. I hope things are going well for you.

~Betty~