Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bi-bi ~ 9 going on 19

Has it really been like five days since I posted last? Sheesh, where does the time go? I have had my hands full with my children it seems. Since hubby has been working long hours I don't get any "me" time. Plus, he has started a side business, I am working outside the home one day per week, and I am trying to start a business too, so I have a lot on my plate! It stinks let me tell ya! Anywho.....

My nine year old daughter, Bi-bi, is becoming very challenging. I never knew that at age nine children could cop such an attitude. I know that when I was nine I didn't cop any attitude because I knew what would happen if I did. She has such a sassy mouth sometimes I have to stop myself from popping her right smack dab in the middle of it! She just tries to act so much older than she really is. Just yesterday I was folding the laundry and I found a teeny tiny bra in there. I mean this thing wouldn't even cover my knee caps! LOL! Why on earth would she want to wear a bra until she HAS to?? And she is asking if she can shave her legs. Again, why would you want to do that unless you had to? She wants her hair highlighted, her nails done, big hoop earrings, to wear make-up, etc. Good Lord. I was still playing with dolls at nine. Oh, and the other day she asked if she could have her own email account AND a password for her log in on the computer. Hmm...let me think about that for a millisecond....NO, NO, NO, and ABSOLUTELY NOT! What is the deal? I don't understand kids these days. She's nine but she acts more like nineteen. I hope it doesn't get worse!

Just for laughs I will finish with my latest fiasco. I was unloading groceries earlier and taking sodas out of the carton to put on the shelf in the fridge. Well...one of the sodas hit the floor and sprayed the entire kitchen. I mean all the cabinets (upper and lower) the floor, the walls, me. I had to mop twice and wipe down the cabinets twice. What a lovely event.

I would love any thoughts on dealing with the 9 year old. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My emelia is the same kind of 9 year old! amanda was never like that at 9, she was a barbie playing girl! Anyway, Emelia does the little tiny bra thing, and the leg shaving thing... and has highlights... ugh!

Anonymous said...

I just finished your Paperback Book Cover. Email me your addy. I can't put my hands on my GMG address book at the moment.
wiljen109 at aol dot com
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am blessed. My 10 year old girl has not really copped an attitude yet, she does still play with dolls. My 12 year old son has a bit of an attitude going on, but nothing too bad.
I know my 10 yr old will get one eventually, for girls I think it happens to them all at some point. I'll come back here and get pointers from you when it happens!

Anonymous said...

Oh Girl...I don't envy you at all. Been there and done that. Count to ten. Then start over...
LOL

Why is it when we drop something it's always something that will make a big mess? Something sweet and sticky. I dropped a can diet coke the other day and held my breath. For once, it didn't open. Praise the Lord!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Don't know that I have much advice, I have been through that though. Seems like I remember hearing or reading that James Dobson said something to the effect, when kids get close to teenage years to lock them up and don't let them out til they're like 18 or 21! I agree with that!
Seeing as how we can't really do that though, stick to your guns and be consistent, which is hard but probably the best thing. Hubby always told me to be the parent and not try to be their friend. They can be trying at times and will go through this stuff but just try to get through it the best you can is what someone told me.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to give me suggestions for nine year old girls cuz Scamp hasn't gotten there yet! Sheesh! I was much more of a tomboy -- didn't even want to wear make-up even when I could at 13.

I hate that about the soda! Ick!