Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bleeding Cow, A Trip to the Salon.....and more

How's it going in blog world? I am SO behind on reading posts. I seem to be so busy lately. I can't even tell you with what. It just seems busy. Maybe it's because I don't get a break from mommy duty at night anymore since hubby works 24/7 (so it seems). Anyway, I will catch up. So don't stop coming to read me because you think I have forgotten you!

Let's see....what have we experienced in the last few days? This weekend was pretty busy. Lots of household things got done. Hubby and I went out to eat on Sunday night while the kids stayed with my mom. We order some burgers at a very well known national chain restaurant. They came and when I bit into mine it was practically raw. I mean very pink, almost like they just browned the outside and slapped it on a bun. Anyone who knows me will know how that grossed me out. I have to have all red meat practically burned to be able to eat it. That isn't the worst of it. Hubby bit into his and there was still blood/fluid in the center! Literally. PUKE! I was freaking out! I mean all you hear on the news is the latest deaths from ecoli. I am gagging just recalling the whole event. Needless to say the burgers went back to be recooked. I thought for sure that we would get free meals because of the bleeding cow on a bun...but no...they compensated us by giving us two freshed baked cookies. Gee...thanks...if I die tomorrow from your raw meat I am sure these cookies will be just the consolation my family will need.

I took Bi-bi to the salon this weekend to get a hair cut. It was a lot of fun for her. Her hair looks so cute. It was really long and we had about 3-4 inches taken off. It's still to her shoulders. It looks so nice on her. Maybe I will catch her long enough to take a picture tomorrow. The whole visit was a smidge depressing for me. I go in and all the ladies look wonderful with the freshly styled hair and mani/pedis done. And her I am with second day hair, a St. Pete Beach t-shirt and jeans on and barely any make up. Not to mention I desperately need to lose about 40 lbs and my stylist is about 100 lbs soaking wet. Oh, and beautiful of course. Gag me again! If anyone can give me good advice for weight loss let me know.

Today I worked. The first part of the day I just sat there because the computer would not work. So the second part was pretty busy. But I enjoyed it.

Bi-bi told me that this kid at school gave her a hard time AGAIN today. I don't know if I have mentioned before but there is a girl in her class that gives her a really bad time. Since the first of the year it has been an almost daily thing. She tells Bi-bi she's dumb, stupid, ugly, fat, has bushy eyebrows, has chubby cheeks, wears ugly clothes, etc. So tonight Olivia asked me to write a note to her teacher about it. Which of course I did. I know that part of that is just the age and the stage of life but this girl seems a little extreme. I think she has a bad home life. She doesn't live with her parents, she lives with her grandfather. Not sure why but maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway...hopefully she will lay off Bi-bi soon because I don't want her to feel like she doesn't want to go to school because of this kid.

My brother-in-law had to have a procedure done over the weekend. The diverticulitis had caused a leak from his colon. That caused an ulcer to form between his colon and bladder. So they had to go in and drain the ulcer. The doctor said it was obvious he was a healthy person otherwise the infection would have killed him. Now his wife has found out she has gal stones and a spot on her liver. Please pray for her. She will be having extensive tests this week. I will keep you updated.

Well, I am off to bed. I am worn slap out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're posting again. It was fun to "catch up" on what you've been doing.

Gag...about the burgers. Yuk!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Whew! You are busy. And I hope we don't have that national burger chain around here. Or that I don't frequent it, anyway :)
Your bil and sil are really going through it!
You'll have to let us know if that note to the teacher worked. There's nothing worse than another child saying demeaning things to your child. That's one thing I don't miss from school. Your job as a mommy is getting harder.
And, don't worry about those 40 pounds! We all have those feelings about ourselves even if others think we've got it all together. (BTW, I'm with ya on the weight loss thing. I'm about 40 lbs overweight, too)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you girl. I am sorry your girl is getting picked on, it is good to get a teacher involved (mainly so she can be on the look out). I think I gagged just reading about the bleeding cow. Yuck.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Good update, but the part about the uncooked burger was awful. I hope you don't go back there, the gall of them to give you two cookies. What a horrible thing to do after bringing you food like that. I wouldn't go back, and if I knew where it was, I wouldn't go there and order a burger, for sure.

Hope you have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

So sick with the raw meat! I would love to see Bi-Bi's new cut. And I hope the bully at school leaves her alone. That's so hard to go through. Sending up prayers for your BIL and SIL.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what was I thinking?! I noticed your new design right off. It looks great! I love the color of the fall leaves and the headrer font. This is my favorite time of year!

Anonymous said...

Come up this way and let's hang out!

BTW, I'll be down your way in December to go see the Lady Vols play North Carolina. I'll also be down in Feb. 2008 to see the mens team play.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back. Love the new look. It's very elegant. The raw meat would have made me hurl and I would have got a free meal. I would have caused a scene! LOL! I can't believe they didn't pick up the check. That's odd.

As for exercise, I need to do the same thing. I need to lose twently lbs. quickly. I find that I do better if I have a partner. Jenny doesn't know it yet but she's about to become my partner! LOL!