Monday, September 29, 2008

What a Day!

Yesterday was a doosie. We had to go to KY for a funeral which was not a wonderful way to start. Well, I was coming down stairs to leave and the heel of my shoe got caught on one of the stairs. I fell all the way down the stairs on my knees. So, the rest of the day (and today so far) my knees felt like they had been whacked with a bat or something.

Then we drove to KY. We had directions from Google maps to the church. We got to the town 45 minute before the funeral was to start. Then we proceeded to drive around for an hour to find the church because the directions were not correct. So, anyway by the time we finally found the church the funeral was ending.

We headed back home. Of course we missed a turn somewhere and ended up adding an extra hour onto our trip home!

Sheesh! What a day indeed!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Judi. Oh my gosh! So sorry about your knees and that fact that you went all that way and missed the reason you went there in the first place. Hope your knees are feeling better and hope you're having a much better day today! Hugs

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I hope your knees and legs feel better soon. I can't imagine going down the stairs like that, I probably would have cried and cried :)

How frustrating to go that far and have misinformation and miss what you went for. Good grief, you had a doozie of a day, didn't you? We've had trouble with online maps before (either Yahoo or Mapquest one time led us astray too).

I certainly hope this week is tons better!

gail@more than a song said...

Oh ouch on your knees! I hope you're feeling better. Bummer on the directions, that is never fun....get a gps system. They tell you turn by turn where to go, very cool!

Twinki said...

OMG! I'm laughing but only because it's over now and we've spoken so I know you can laugh with me! :) Love ya.