Thursday, January 17, 2008

Traumatic Tuesday

What a week. My hubby has been out of town all week which really stinks. So that set the tone for the week.

Tuesday I had to take my son in for his two year well check. He had to have one shot and some blood drawn. Well, the shot went fine. The blood drawing...not so much. It literally took three people. He had to be restrained and even at that he is so strong he won the battle. He was so broken down. He was screaming and big tears were streaming down his face. The nurses could not believe he is as strong as he is. It was all very traumatic for both of us. They still only got about 4 drops of blood!

I guess his fear comes from everything he has been through since birth. Three months in the NICU, months of laser treatments on his hemangioma, surgery to remove said hemangioma, a years worth of reflux medications, etc. I think he probably has reason to be a little fearful.

Poor baby. I never knew doctor visits could be so heartbreaking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little baby! I'm sure it was painful for you too!

~Betty~

Anonymous said...

Poor thing. I feel so bad for him.

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to imagine! I think it's just as hard on the mom that has to stand by and listen to their child cry!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when Scamp screams and cries. I'll bet you wanted to cry, too. Poor Grayson. Scamp had her two year old stuff done last month. Well, we were a little behind. She was so upset when they stuck her finger, but the nurse managed to get the blood they needed. Then, Scamp thanked her for putting a band aid on it.