Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kids Don't Think Before Speaking - and a Haircut Update!

First, let me start my saying the hair cut did not go well yesterday. Grayson had a complete melt down. But he sure does look cute! Maybe later I can post some before and after shots.

Okay, so, Olivia and I were in the car the other day and this was the conversation:

Olivia: "Mommy, would you rather be on What Not To Wear or 10 Years Younger?"

Me: Thinking....okay so she is giving me a message here. I say "I don't know why?"

Olivia: "I was going to nominate you for one."

Me: Looking as depressed as that made me feel I am sure..."I guess 10 Years Younger because then I could get my teeth whitened, laser eye surgery, skin treatments, AND new clothes."

Olivia: "Yeah, you need that."


As my friend Jenny says....she is not making any deposits in my self esteem bank. I am sure she just didn't think before she said all that. At least I hope she didn't. I am really starting to feel like an old, fat, worn out hag!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was telling a friend the other day how old I thought my mom was at my age, yet I feel so young! I guess through those little young eyes we are old... oh well!
Your perty to me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Judi,
Don't worry, I've been here reading all your posts--through bloglines, at least. I haven't been very good at commenting anywhere lately. I'm glad you are back to being "Judi"! You're daughter is cute--don't let the kid stuff get you down--she will always think you are old, that's just the way it goes. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry he had another meltdown, but glad the haircut came out well. He'll grow out of those soon enough :)

Love the "out of the mouths of babes" story, cracks me up! It's scary sometime to think what kids are really thinking, huh?!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Olivia is so funny! My 9 year old has done things like this before. It's funny how they think! (or don't think! LOL!)

Anonymous said...

What Annie said, so true! When you're young you think grownups are so old and then when you're a grownup you still feel young.
Maybe she just really thought how fun it'd be for you to get all new clothes and such!
Hope you put pics up of the cute hair cut.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she just wanted you to be on TV with her at your side!!

Anonymous said...

Funny story...maybe not to you at the time...but funny to us reading about it. Not laughing at you though :-)

Hugs!
Kat