Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chit Chat

I haven't posted in a few days so here I am! I haven't been doing a whole lot. Saturday I had to return a Christmas gift. I went into the store and returned it and of course I had to browse around to see if I could find anything else. As I was going through the store I just kept wondering why all the clothes out in mid-January are for Spring. Get real. We still have A LOT of time before Spring. What are we supposed to do until then if we need clothes??? Then I found myself wondering why all the clearance stuff looked like it had already been worn out and hung back on the rack for sale. Phew! Stressful shopping day!

School was out Monday and Tuesday for MLK day and an inservice day. Monday I went to lunch with some friends. Kid free and everything! I didn't know how to conduct myself. We don't eat out a lot anymore because Grayson is in the tantrum phase and he screams bloody murder in restaurants when he is expected to sit and eat like a civilized person. So it was a treat to get to go out with two other adults. And we went to eat Mexican at that! My favorite food ever!

Tuesday I had to work. It was a pleasure getting there. We had a lot of black ice. Between the hours of 7 and 9 that morning there were 200+ wrecks in town. But I got there fine and the weather and roads cleared. When I got to my moms to pick up the kids, Grayson started his screaming fits. I swear he is wearing me out!

So today I am hoping for a calm day. But I don't know.....Grayson has been down for a nap for a short 30 minutes and now I have to wake him to go get a hair cut. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I love mexican!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been busy and stressed out. Glad you didn't have trouble driving on that ice, it's very scary to me :) And yeah for the lunch out, Mexican no-less!, without the kids. I know he'll grow out of that phase soon, just hang in there. One day he'll be driving and you'll be wondering how he got so big and grown up :)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Shopping should never be stressful, you MUST go again so you can have fun! That's what I would do!
We've had lots of cold but missed all the ice/snow stuff.