Friday, September 14, 2007

Keep Your Butt Inside The Vehicle......and MORE!

If you haven't been reading (and really, no one is!) I recently had to go to Alabama to a very close and dear friends funeral. My ex-husband would not help me out with Bi-Bi so I ended up having to take her with me. Also, since the rest of my family went as well, I had to take Bro-Bro too. Yes, a nine year old girl and a 20 month boy, you can imagine. So anyway, my husband did not get to go because his boss threatened to fire him if he did. Nice. Well, the only thing better was that he was supposed to be a pall bearer. Real nice. So, I am traveling to AL on a 5 hour trip with two children and my mother in the car. Need I say more? My sister was ahead of us in her car. We are traveling down the highway and a car that was between my sister's and mine pitches out their cigarette butt. It bounces on my hood and down into my engine. It immediately begin to smell like all four of us in the car were smoking at the same time! I freaked out so we pulled off at the next exit to make sure the discarded butt was not hung somewhere that would cause my car to explode! It wasn't thank goodness. But my point is, if people like to smoke so much, why can't they stand to have the butts inside their vehicle? How do they know some vehicle behind them isn't leaking a highly flammable fluid that would ignite immediately? I'm just saying. Not to mention the fact that pitching the butts out is littering. Hello? I just want to say to all the smokers PLEASE KEEP YOUR BUTTS INSIDE YOUR VEHICLE! Thanks. That's all I have to say about that. :) Just as a note, on the trip home another person flicked out a butt onto my car as well.

We stayed in AL Wed. night, Thurs., and Fri. morning. On Thursday night I decided to go ahead and wash our clothes so I would not have to do that when I got back home. So I put them in the wash and then got Bro-Bro to put him in bed. I had to lay down with him until he fell asleep and I could move him to his portable crib. I got him all tucked in and went out on the back deck to visit with mom, sis, and Bi-Bi. Bi-Bi says "mommy you are going to be very upset with me". Oh, great. I said "why would I be upset?" she said "because I left my iPod in the pocket of my shorts". I said "well just go get it". "No, the shorts that got washed" she said. Fabulous, the iPod I just bought in June for her birthday got washed and no longer works! Needless to say, she won't be getting another one.

After traveling 5 hours home last Friday I realized on Saturday that we had to go to NC for our grandson's (yes I am too young, he's my "step" grandson) second birthday party and I did not have a gift yet! So at nine o'clock I had to make a much dreaded trip to Wal-Mart. What a pain in the rear. After I searched the whole store twice in search of Play-Do, witnessed a very disturbing display in the toy department of a woman trying to hula hoop in front of everyone and stood in line for literally 30 minutes at the check out, I was out of there. On my drive home I was making a turn at a red light. I noticed the car in front of me hit a skunk. Yes, a fresh, ripe, skunk. Of course I could not get away from hitting it immediately after because I would have either hit another vehicle or a guard rail. So I made the rest of the drive home with the stench of dead skunk spray burning my nose hairs! Can you tell what a fabulous ending to the day that was? I had to park outside so the car could air out. When we started out to NC the next morning it still reeked of skunk. Blewk! But finally the smell has disappeared.

Thank goodness this week has been less trying!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying your blog since you started. And I must say - I SO AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT BUTTS! I just don't get it. OK, my car is about 11 years old - but they do still make cars with ashtrays right? So, if you are a smoker, then that is why you have an ashtray! It is so wrong of them to liter, throw out their BUTTS and yet, keep their clean from this dirty habit!
My friend saw a guy in a pickup truck throw out his BUTT and it went into the bed of his truck and caught the bed full of STRAW that was there on fire. IT IS JUST NOT SAFE! Think about it people!
OK, i feel better now.
Thanks for bringing up this issue of national importance! The movement to keep BUTTS in the car has got to start somewhere - why not at Momma's Mind Sweep?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! You have quite a few bad smells going on with your car! I hope it airs out quickly!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I read your blog!! Sounds like you had one smelly weekend. I hate those times when everything keeps going wrong!! It's hard to get out of that funk!

Anonymous said...

EWWW skunks & butts!
I have washed so many mp3 players it's sad! Sometimes they start working after they dry out.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, is your name by any chance Murphy? Because it seems like most anything that can go wrong has gone wrong for you lately :) I am glad this week is going better and I hope it continues to be great :)

Anonymous said...

I hope things look up for you this weekend and the upcoming week. There's something special going on, isn't there?/ :)

Anonymous said...

What an awful couple days--I'm so sorry, Momma! I agree about the smoking--I am so hoping our restaurants go smoke free soon. I saw my tag--I will try to do it next week.

Anonymous said...

Good grief! What a time you've had!

I, too, hate it when people throw anything out their car windows, but especially butts! How rude and how dangerous.

And the skunk story...yuk!

You're due for some good times ahead. I just know it!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

You have had a time with the smells girl! Hope it's all going better now.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have had such a difficult couple of days. I pray this next week will be better!!

I too hate it when people throw things out.

Anonymous said...

This really is funny....skunks and butts. ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the cigarette thing! It's bad enough that I have to endure it from my MIL, FIL, BIL, two nephews, and neice. I just want to scream and slap them all! Drives me nuts! They have to smoke every five minutes or they think they'll die! Your week sounds like some I've had recently!

Anonymous said...

I washed my sons MP3 player and it still turned on when I got it out of the washer. THe screen was goofed up. So I put my drying rack in the dryer and set the temp on low and ran it so it would dry out the thing. Guess what it cleared up all but one line going through the screen. It still works. Maybe after it dries out you will be able to get it working. IF it doesn't then put it in your dryer. It can't hurt it!!