Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm Single Again

Well, no, not really! LOL! My hubby has been working late for a week. His company is in the process of implementing new processes etc. So being in management he is part of the "team" heading up the whole deal. Anywho...he hasn't been home before 9:40 pm in days. Let's not forget he leaves the house by 5:30 am. I am telling you I do not like going it alone! It has been hard. I did not realize how much I look forward to him walking in the door every evening. And how much I love having our time after the kids get tucked in to talk about the day and watch tv etc. AND how much he takes over with the kids when he gets in. I am worn slap out! I feel like a single mother. Let me tell you I have a whole new appreciation for the single moms out there!

Another sad thing about his working late is that Bro-Bro is just so torn up. He hasn't seen his daddy since Sunday. He wanders around the house calling out for "da-da". It is so sad. He has been extra clingy and not sleeping well. z

Hopefully today will end the working late, at least for this week. He should be on time today. I can't wait! I miss him. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so tough! It's a ton of work watching the kids alone! And Poor Bro-Bro. Scamp looooves her daddy, and I think she would be heart-broken not seeing him, too.

Anonymous said...

Trying to venture out further into this addicting blog world and came across yours! Enjoyed reading your blog. Stop by sometime!

Anonymous said...

Wow! He must be exhausted! I'm glad that it will be ending soon for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Those are some long hours and it does make it tough on mamas! When my 4 were little I looked forward to when Daddy would be home to help at the end of the day.
Hope you have a good weekend and he gets to be home more!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I bet it was a long, difficult week. I know how much you all missed him, but hey, he was working hard for you guys, right?! I'm so glad it's over and hopefully you guys can catch up this weekend and enjoy some time together. Take care and have some fun :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, I remember those days. Now that my husband is retired, I no longer have that problem. But now my daughter-in-laws are living that life and it's hard. Hang in there.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I hope the late nights will end soon! It is so much more difficult to parent solo (my husband travels a lot). And, I just love to see my kids enjoy their Daddy. I know you love that as well.