Thursday, September 27, 2007

Arm Pits, Toilets, and a Bank Teller

What a title huh? I have been trying to think of a daily title for my mind dumping. I really fought myself not to title it "Daily Dump". But let's be real, that is a little crude. LOL! If you have any suggestions for a daily title I can use for my rambling let me know!

So, yesterday we were in the car on the way to school. Bi-Bi says "Mom, Kay-Kay has hair in her armpits already". Hmm...I said "well that is no big deal" while I am choking down my laughter. Bi-bi says "but I have zero!". I said "Everyone develops at different times and paces". Bi-bi says "oh". Then I said "just be glad you don't have any because then you would have to shave them!". She said "EWWWW!". So I know what I told her about development but do 9 year old girls REALLY have hair in their armpits already??? Sheesh!

This morning I made a trip to glorious Wal-Mart. I had to go in the restroom. I am very disturbed by the toilets that know when to flush themselves. How does it know I am done? The one I used apparently was off it's game to day because it flushed once before I even thought about using it! This is very upsetting because I heard on the news that toilets spray up to 20 feet when they flush. And I am standing right there! I want to be able to flush the handle with my foot and run before I get hit with the disgusting toilet spray! I think Bro-Bro was traumatized by the whole thing. He screamed his head off every time one of the toilets flushed. He may be scarred for life and never be able to use public bathrooms. LOL! Let's hope not.

After the bathroom experience I continued my shopping. I picked up a pack of cheese. Bro-Bro loves cheese. I put the pack in the buggy. The next thing I know I look around and he has the pack trying to eat a piece before it's opened. So I opened it and gave him a slice. I opened it very carefully so I would not tear the bar code the cashier needed to ring it up. A few minutes later I turn to pick up some disinfecting wipes and put them in the buggy. Bro-bro has the cheese package ripped to shreds and half the pack thrown onto the floor. Nice.

After that excursion, we went by the bank and the teller looked like a 12 year old beauty queen. What is up with that? She had perfect, straight, silky hair all smooth and jacked up on her head in a pony tail. And her teeth looked like they would absolutely have to glow in the dark! I won't even mention the perfect skin and the fact that she weighed probably all of 95 lbs soaking wet. I felt every bit of the 36 year old haggard mommy I am. Puke.

Well, that's my day thus far!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just cracking me up!!!

Anonymous said...

You too? I'm always scared of getting sucked down those toliets. My son likes to just stand there and flush, and flush, and flush . . . .

Anonymous said...

Let me just say that the only thing I didn't enjoy about our Disney trip was taking my daughter (who has to strip from the waist down) to the bathrooms at Disney. ALL of them had automatic toilets! YUCK!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing too! But those automatic toilets aren't my thing either.

Anonymous said...

You're too funny! I love Daily Dump, but I do see what you mean about other connotations, hehehe! I went to Walmart today also, but my trip was MUCH less eventful. Wanna trade sometime?!

Hope you had a wonderful rest-of-the-day!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I also like to flush with my foot and run like nobody's business! The cheese on the floor is hilarious! I think I would have just tossed it back into the cooler!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I hate those toilets too!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm a foot flusher, too. My girls think it's so cool that I can do that! And my 2 year old is also SCARED to death of the flushing noise in public bathrooms. I try my best to avoid them at all costs. :)