Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Nice Laid Back Weekend - For a Change

Well, Justin, my nephew, came home on Monday night. He ended up having dialysis 4 times. Long story short, he had every test known to man to find out what caused his kidneys to fail, including three pieces of kidney to biopsy. In the end, nothing was found. They said he was one of the healthiest people they had seen. The doctor thinks it could have been a virus, or food poisoning, or something like that. Since he puked violently for 36 hours before getting to the hospital anything of that nature would have rid itself from his body already. He did eat a sub sandwich the afternoon he got sick and it had TOMATO on it! He asked the doctor if it could have been that given the recent scare about those. He said it was possible but since they could not trace it they would never know. SCARY! I mean another day not going to the hospital and he might not have recovered.

So anyway, this weekend no one is getting married, in the hospital, or sick so it's all good. And I am refusing to do house work this weekend.

So let's all thank God for our blessings and have a fabulous weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your nephew is doing better. Scary that it could have been that tomato and salmonella though.

Have a glorious weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

That is scary! I'm glad he's doing much better.
And, I hope your weekend was wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Judi, So glad to hear that your nephew is better and that it was temporary. God certainly does answer prayers! Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend. Take care

Anonymous said...

Glad he's better, how scary about all this tomato stuff!
Everyone needs a laid back weekend...hope you laid off the housework! It will always be there to do later.

Anonymous said...

Wow....sounds like he had it rough. I'm glad nothing was seriously wrong!

Hope you had a great weekend. I know how it is to have medical emergencies and tons of other things going on. It gets overwhelming!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything turned out well with your nephew--how scary for your family.
I know, I know, I thought of you when we went through Knoxville---I should have.

Anonymous said...

Oh--email me, if you would--I have something to ask you.

Anonymous said...

What a scary situation! I hope he will have no lingering effects from this!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's ok! Very scary!!