Thursday, May 8, 2008

Uh...hello?

Has it really been a month since I posted anything? Sheesh! Is anybody out there reading anymore?

I have had a lot going on. I have been steadily busy with this venture as well as being mom, wife, etc. Sometimes I don't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning.

Olivia is still getting teased at school. Everyday it's something. You're fat, you're ugly, you have bushy eyebrows, you're stupid, your hair looks hideous, your shoes are "gay", you're a flat chested freak. Yeah. This is just a sampling of what I have heard over the last few months. Most of the time from one particular girl, but sometimes from others. My heart aches for her. I wish I could make it all go away. I have just been assuring her that these things are certainly not true. And that the reason most kids do these things is because they are insanely jealous of the kids they are doing them to. I don't know if that is any consolation to her but I hope so.

Here are pictures of the "fat, ugly, flat chested freak". I think she is beautiful. And by no means fat.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Glad everything is ok, and the pictures are wonderful! She's beautiful and I bet she's sweet and smart - how awful of other kids to say such nasty things. I wouldn't want to be young again, it is so hard when other kids are so mean.

Have a good day and a wonderful Mother's Day :)

Anonymous said...

You're alive! Hooray! I was beginning to wonder!

This type of stuff drives me mad. I'm so glad my girls are at home because I'm afraid I would be in jail if I were to get my hands on this bully's parents! Olivia is a beautiful girl and you can tell from her pictures that she's a happy child. I pray she will ignore this bully gal. One day they'll be all grown up and bully gal will regret her words.

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to know you're still there! Olivia is a beautiful girl! Kids can be so mean, but hopefully it'll all get better as she gets older.
I think it's been very quiet in bloggy land lately....lots of reading maybe and not as much commenting. I think everyone is busy!
Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing. At least the year is almost over and maybe next year won't be like that. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you and Olivia! Makes my mommy feathers ruffle up and get ready to have a fight-so I can imagine what you're feeling!
Good to hear from you-even if it's about your battles. Keep up the good words!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful and girls are plain mean! I hear a lot of that from Emelia too. They are really pushing no bullying at her school which is good. Glad to read your voice!

Anonymous said...

She is an absolutely beautiful girl and I'm not just saying that! I can't believe they are saying those things -- it makes me so mad when kids do that (and you're right -- it is usually so they can feel better about themselves). As a teacher I always try to take notice of that happening and try to make a concerted effort to build up their self esteem in other ways. I got teased mercilessly in junior high and I really struggled with my self esteem until I was a Senior in high school. It wasn't a fun experience, and it was a long time before I felt like people liked me for who I am. I truly hope that she doesn't have to go through that. She is perfect as God made her!