Thursday, January 31, 2008

People PUH-LEASE!

I have become very frustrated with people lately. I have just noticed how impatient everyone on the planet has become. I guess this is a "I want it and I want it NOW" society.

Olivia and I go to eat one night a week, just us girls. Saturday night we went out to O'Charleys, one of her favorites. Now, is it just me or shouldn't everyone expect wait times on the weekends? We we had a 30 minute wait which was not a problem for us. I just got to watching and listening to everyone coming in. Everybody seemed so ticked off that they were going to have to wait. Uh...hello? If you go to a restaurant on a weekend you should be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes in this town. Come on people! One lady was cursing and complaining the whole time. I just about gave her a piece of my mind! Then there were the others who huffed and puffed or rolled their eyes. None of these people looked as if they would die if they did not receive food immediately upon entering the building. What was even more discouraging is that the majority of them were women! The men seemed to take it all in stride. Not saying much for us girls!

I think people should take more time to just be thankful that they are able to do those things and in turn enjoy the experience. All of it, even the wait time!

That is my rant for today! Thanks for listening. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more! It's technology, the stuff I love so much, that has made us all so impatient. Everything has to be instantaneous, instant gratification. Most people lack patience for everything. I have to constantly remind myself of that when I'm in traffic - with all the people blowing their horns, pulling out in front me, speeding by me.

I'm very blessed to be able to sit back and enjoy the world, not watch it whiz by. I love the peace and quiet. I love watching the birds. I love sitting by the fire and just staring at the flames. I love enjoying a slow pace, when I know something doesn't have to be done instantly. I wish so many more people could experience a little bit of that, every day. I think they would find a lot more peace.

Great post, Judi!

Anonymous said...

Me and a friend went out last weekend to eat and knew we'd have to wait! I just enjoyed visiting to pass the time. Some people are just looking for an excuse to be mad...

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you! People just need to slow down and go with the flow more!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I find the same thing when we go out. People are just rude anymore. The world is moving too fast. It seems that everybody wants what they want and they want it yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Veruca Salts in the old Willy Wonka movie: "I want a feast..I want a bean feast...blah, blah, blah...and give it to me NOW" as she is stomping and completely wreckifying the poor little oompaloompa's workshop. Remember that? Do you remember what happened to her? She went where all "bad eggs" go...to the trash compactor...maybe all the "give it to me now" people need to go down the "bad egg" shoot too! lol!!

Uh...maybe I love WW a little too much...I don't know...