Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday Ramble

I have to catch you all up! Not too much has been going on since the weekend came and went. I actually worked yesterday! I haven't worked in 2 years. I am helping out a person I have known since elementary school. This person owns their own business consulting business. I am helping with the basic office stuff. I will probably work one or two days or half days per week for a while. It was pretty fun! I missed my kids terribly though.

Hubby took me out to lunch over the weekend for a belated birthday meal. Which reminds me......a big THANK YOU to Stacy and Shawna for the birthday cards. And a big THANK YOU to Annie for calling me. AND a huge THANK YOU to Jen for sending me the cutest cards and a pretty magnet for my birthday. Of course thanks to everyone who commented here with birthday wishes! You guys made my day last week!

The hubby is working long hours again this week. I am sad about that and so are the kids. It stinks. But he is providing for us so what do you do? I called and checked on my sister in AL today. I wanted to make sure she was okay and handling everything okay since Patti, her best friend, passed away. I am so sorry for her loss. It is so heartbreaking to see someone close to you hurting and you can't do anything about it. I pray for her and for Patti's family every day. She sound like she was doing okay considering. If you read this, Twinki, I love you!

Okay, now I need to know from the moms out there, what do you do when your child brings home a failing grade? Bi-Bi brought home a "U" on a test today. First time ever. This child has never made anything below a B. As a matter of fact she has rarely made a B! What should I do? I am thinking punishment here. According to the teacher she didn't check her work and she didn't even do the last two pages of the test!!! I need input from you!

I guess I can't think of much else. I need to get Bro-Bro ready for bed. Right now he is walking around with a piece of angel hair pasta in his hair. I guess that gives all new meaning to "use your noodle"!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI,

Glad you liked the Birthday stuff!!

I handle bad grades diff. depending on the class and child. If I got the feedback that you got from the teacher...my child would be grounded. No TV, computer, phone priv. until they started bringing better grades home. I can check the kids grades online everyday so I know what they have in each class. I try to stay up on it to make sure everyone is doing their best.

It is tough being the mom sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I, personally, wouldn't punish the first time--especially if it is uncharacteristic. We all have off days. I would just talk to my child about being more careful, and making sure the work is finished from now on. Remember, we're not talking high school here-- it is only grade school, right? If it were to happen again, I would punish.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
I haven't done anything on my template... well, that's not exactly true... I did load the code you emailed on my test blog and looked at it for a few minutes...
I think I would just talk to her this time (about the grade) and let her know it is serious to do your very best... maybe ask why she didn't finish it?
♥ ya!

Anonymous said...

Hope hubby's hours get better soon!

Yeah, I'd maybe talk to her this time to find out what happened. But if it kept on, I'd think about the stuff like taking away privileges or cutting out all tv, movies or computer, something like that maybe.
My hubby was always big on letting the punishment fit the crime, he was much more creative in that than me! Sometimes you have to figure out what matters to one child; like no tv might not matter to her then you'd have to figure something out that she wouldn't like doing so she wouldn't want that to happen again! Extra school type work at home maybe?

Anonymous said...

I agree with talking to her this time since it isn't normal for her. If she continued to bring home bad grades, then stronger action should be taken.

Anonymous said...

Nice update! Glad you had a good birthday, but sorry your hubby is having to work late hours. And you, look at you, back to work! Sounds like you guys are busy :)

No advice on the school problem. Sounds like it's not the norm for her, so maybe just find out what has changed or why she's not motivated. Bet it's something simple and it will work out soon. :)

Take care and have a great day!